Thursday, April 29, 2010

The small, new things

It's just the small things in life, you know? You hear that all too much. But when you are a parent, it really becomes more and more truthful. And I always have "favorites" that EJ does. This is my latest favorite, but probably the one I love the most.
So, EJ is a talker. She has been since around 8 or 9 months old and knew well over 20 words by her first bday. But she is just starting to really put words together, and that has really take off the past 3 weeks or so. But this past weekend I was working on a leaking faucet. My bride and EJ come walking in the house and EJ walks straight to the kitchen where I was working. Just like she knew what she was doing, she walked up behind me where I was working, tapped me on the shoulder, waited until I turned around, and said "Hey daddy." Simple, but I loved it. I mean, she has called me daddy forever, but it was the first time she was like "hey daddy, what's up? Whatcha doing?" Hands down, one of the moments I will always remember.

No comments: